Preparing meat and any other kinds of foods for commercial purposes requires great precision, maximum uniformity and uncompromised decency, all of which are unfortunately not achievable with human skills alone. The services of a food/meat slicer, which basically cuts and trims food and meat into the desired shapes and sizes, is therefore by all means necessary.
The market is awash with all kinds of slicers such that the prospective user naturally finds it difficult to identify the most suitable one. The aim of this entire product review is to guide users in arriving at the best decision by reviewing one of the top meat slicers as of the year 2016 – Chef’s Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer.
Main Features and Technical Specifications
- Product Dimensions: Measures around 15 inches long by 11 inches wide by 11 inches tall
- Product Weight: Weighs just about 10 pounds (4.5 kg)
- Frame: Made of cast aluminum and stainless steel
- Highly versatile
- Very rugged
- Powerful, high-torque, and cool-running electric motor
- Gears: Reliable and smooth
- Tilted food carriage
- Design: Cantilever design
- Large-capacity food carriage
- Blade: Multi-purpose 7-inch stainless-steel blade
- Switch: Intermittent on/off switch
- Handy cord storage
- Serving tray included
- Special button
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
Users are to expect the following and many more other benefits out of the utilization of this appliance:
- Durable: The core structural components of the slicer such as its frame are manufactured of cast aluminum and stainless steel that both have the capacity to withstand all the elements of wear and tear like scratches, rusting, warps, and breakages. The food slicer is therefore very durable and reliable in the long run.
- Versatile: Inasmuch as the slicer is primarily intended to cut meat into shape, it may also be modified to slice several other kinds of food such as hams, extra-large roasts, and bread. This not only means added convenience, but also returns as much value to the users as possible.
- Accurate: Its blades may be adjusted as need be to deliver varied slicing sizes that range from deli-thin to around 3/4-inches thick. Users are thus assured of greater flexibility of the quality of services derived out of the use of this appliance.
- Safe: Users of the meat slicer are safeguarded from accidental cuts and lacerations by the special button which secures the food carriage in the lock position in order to limit access to the blade whenever the unit is not in use.
- Efficient: The slicer’s rugged blades and smooth gears both work jointly to deliver very efficient slicing results.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain: Most of the components of the food slicer that are more susceptible to dirt such as the blade, the food pusher, food carriage, food deflector and the thickness guide are removable for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Quiet: The appliance’s motor is exceptionally quiet. This stems from the fact that its motor and gears are engineered in such a way as to discharge as little noise as possible. Areas such as laboratories, libraries, and museums that are ordinarily sensitive to noise pollution will therefore find the equipment very handy and relevant for their use.
- Minimal Attention: Certain intelligent features and functionalities such as the intermittent on/off switch absolve its users from the need to be individually physically present to monitor the slicing process. This allows for multitasking i.e. carrying out several chores simultaneously, which consequently leads to greater productivity.
- Excellent After-sale Services: This meat slicer is accompanied by a limited 1-year warranty which is designed to safeguard users against any unforeseen misfortunes, damages or losses that may arise out of its use within that stipulated time-frame. This means added peace of mind to the users.
- Less Durable Gears: Its gears are made of plastic material which is not so strong and durable. This diminishes its overall lifespan and general efficiency.
- Bulky: The sheer size of the food slicer which measures around 15 inches long by 11 inches wide by 11 inches tall is way too bulky and in need of plenty of storage space. This is disadvantageous to users who reside in small rooms such as condominiums.
- Limited Power Source: It does not accommodate other sources of power besides mains electricity and may therefore not find much applicability in remote areas that are not connected to the national grid. It would help if it could be powered by batteries or solar power.
- Expensive: The price of this meat slicer is way too prohibitive when measured against the potential benefits that users stand to accrue. Prospective users who are not financially well-off are thus placed at a significant disadvantage.
What Amazon Customers Say About It…
Below is a sample of some of the views of those who have already utilized the appliance:
“Ever since I acquired this food slicer, I have not had to waste plenty of time being present to monitor its progress as it demands greatly reduced attention from its users. I strongly recommend it for all households and eateries.”
“I really admire the appliance’s portability. It is quite light and easy to lift around. I say so because I lack the physical muscle power which my male counterparts have.”
“My main attraction to this meat slicer is the easy-to-use intermittent on/off buttons which are intelligent enough to detect the work in progress and respond appropriately. The feature greatly expedites the process of food slicing.”
“This is indeed a worthy purchase by reason of incorporating all the key features and traits that the ideal food slicer is naturally required to possess such as uniform slicing, durable frame, and beautiful finish.”
“Its glossy finish is a plus to my kitchen’s interior décor as it adds extra beauty and aesthetics. Women who cherish beauty and appearance like me therefore have got no choice but to incorporate it as part of their cutlery.”
The Chef’s Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer is one if not the very best food slicer in vogue today as may be clearly concluded from the review above, notwithstanding the fact that it does have quite a number of shortcomings. A wise meat enthusiast who is on the lookout for a suitable meat slicer clearly has no choice but to start with this appliance first before proceeding elsewhere.