The Weston 61-0901-W Heavy Duty Food 9-Inch Slicer is a great meat cutting product with a number of efficient features which facilitate its effectiveness. The 9 inch slicer is powered by a quiet running motor which enables it to cut through vegetables and meat easily and quickly. Its design is compact to allow for portability and storage. It also has a large food tray on it which has a smooth gliding operation and easily tilts out to make the cutting of big slices very simple.
The slicer also features a steel coating that is corrosion-resistant, which makes the Meat Slicer very durable. The unit’s entire set up is placed in an aluminum housing which is ideally designed for safety. The strong base facilitates a stable operation while the suction cup feet feature adds to its safety. The Weston 9″ Meat Slicer lets the user maintain precision when cutting and slicing with the adjustable thickness control feature and a dedicated food pusher meant for regulating shaving.
The heavy duty 9” Slicer has several great features that facilitate its performance. The features are discussed below with details about their benefits.
· Quiet 150 watt motor (120 volt, 60 Hz)-The motor is adequately powerful to enable the 9 inch slicer to cut through meat and vegetables easily and quickly
· Stainless steel blade- The steel blade removable for cleaning and is also corrosion resistant which makes it very durable and convenient for precision slicing
· Adjustable thickness control- It allows the user to adjust the slicing thickness from deli thin to 0.5 inches thick.
· Removable blade and tilt-out food tray- the tray has a large capacity and allows for smooth gliding. It also tilts out to allow for easy cleaning.
· Compact design- The Slicer has a compact design which facilitates its easy transportation and storage.
· Aluminum housing- The housing is steel coated which makes the 9 inch slicer durable and safe.
· Suction cup feet and Sturdy base- This makes the operation of the Weston 9” Meat Slicer very stable and safe by avoiding the back and forth movements while using.
· Food pusher- The food pusher has teeth which help in controlling the slicing. The unit also features an On and Off Switch for safety.
The Weston 9 inch Meat Slicer comes with a good number of benefits which include;
· It is easy to clean and use
· The Slicer is very durable due to the corrosion-resistant materials it is made of.
· It is a performance and quality driven product for home use
· IT has been tested and proved to be safe and healthy
· It has a compact design which makes it highly portable and also easy to store
· It has the High quality stainless steel blade which cuts effectively and is removable to enhance easy cleaning
· Its stainless steel food tray is of a large capacity and also tilts out so as to facilitate easy cleaning
· The slicing thickness is adjustable from deli-thin to o.5 inches thick, thanks to the Adjustable thickness control feature.
· The On/Off switch adds to the 9” Slicer’s safety
The product has also been seen to have a couple of bad points according to some of the online critical reviews about the product. They are;
· One may not be able to get a blade sharpener for the slicer. if the blade becomes blurred, one has to buy a new one.
· The vertical plate tends to flex excessively when slicing meat.
· The blade adjustment of the Slicer does not lock and it increases if the user applies too much pressure.
· The clean-up is a bit difficult due to the “cracks & cranies” which are completely difficult to clean.
There have been numerous online customer opinions and reviews about this unit on amazon. The 9″ Slicer has been said to have a great and powerful motor and a superb belt drive. The Weston 9” Meat Slicer is also said to be highly convenient due to the steel food tray which tilts for purposes of easy cleaning. Most customer reviews have shown appreciation for the adjustable thickness control meant for slicing with different thicknesses ranging from deli-thin to 0.5 inches or more. Another great opinion about the unit is its stability which ensures it does not move back and forth when slicing through the meat. This stability is enhanced by the product’s sturdy base and suction cup feet. The Meat Slicer has also been said to have safety features such as the On/Off safety switch and the aluminum housing; coated with steel material which makes it very durable. The 9″ blade makes the slicing of large meat pieces a breeze which entirely makes the Weston 9” meat slicer a great product. Some customers have also noted the Weston Company’s great and very helpful company support system. The Company has and all the repair parts in stock if required in the future
There have also been some critical reviews and opinions about the 9 inch slicer. One of the drawbacks is about the press which goes between the users hand and the food being sliced. The Slicers lacks a track for holding and locking it down on the sliding carriage and therefore when one is pushing the carriage forward, they have to hold the food press down while also pushing the food to be cut into the blade. If one forgets to do this, they will certainly find their hand in the greatly sharp blade which can do great harm to the user.
Despite a couple of limitations about the product, the Weston 9-inch Meat slicer is generally a great product which gives the user the same convenience and precision as a good food cutting product in homes. It has great features such as being a quiet runner with a compact design for high portability and easy storage. It is also made of a steel coated and corrosion-resistant aluminum housing which makes the unit very durable. The Slicer cuts meats easily and quickly with the smooth gliding stainless steel tray of large capacity which tilts out to allow easy cleaning as well. The Weston 9 inch Meat Slicer also comes with a suction cup feet that is used for controlling the slicing. It conveniently slices turkey into cutlets, roasted meat into steaks, Venison into slices, pork into chops which makes it very beneficial. It is entirely the best meat slicer available and definitely worth trying out.